Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday August 13th, 2009

Well this is my very first blog post so here goes.

So I'm starting this blog because I am a huge sports fan, an even bigger St. Louis Cardinals fan and I talk about sports all the time. Yeah Yeah your saying, big deal. Heres the thing. My wife hates it when I talk baseball to her and hates it even more when I talk to her about sports that aren't baseball. So what I thinking is if I can just blog about what I would tell her when see gets home she would be happier, and hey who knows maybe I find out I kinda know what I'm talking about.

I have an overnight job and then I stay at home with my 2 year old son during the day, needless to say I have ample time to watch sports during the day. ESPN, MLB Network, anything with sports, I'm in.

Cardinals Update:

Well Carpenter looked good again lastnight. 10 K's 7 IP, i will take that any day

Franklin was solid again, can't ask for much more from your closer.

Pujols, Holliday, Ryan, And Skip did their parts with at least two hits each.

I'm becoming more frustrated with DeRosa, I mean yes I will take 21 HRS (10 as a Card) from anyone with a month and a half to go, but he needs to put the bat on the ball more consistently. Too many K's.

Im still a bit worried about the Cards in their set-up roles. I'm starting to see a real future for Hawksworth, he comes in throws strikes and uses his defense, works quickly and is aggresive. Sounds like he listens to Dave Duncan. Is it just me or does Duncan know what he's doing.
We need to get Ankiel and Rasmus going more consistently but they should be fine with less pressure on them.
Glaus took some grounders before the game yesterday. Boy would his bat be a welcome addition to our lineup in September.
Looking for another great start for Waino on Friday.

Around Sports:
Who thinks it fair that Youklis and Porcello get the same amount of games when Youk would have played in all 5 whereas Porcello would have only been in 1. Another great punishment handed down by the all-knowing MLB execs.
Donte Stallworth's year-long suspension, not long enough! He killed a MAN, not a dog!!!
Anyone else wondering WHERE in that Louisville restaurant did Pitino have sex with the blonde? I don't know about you but I have never been to a place like that. And really? You gave her 3 grand so she could go sign up for some health insurance? Really? Ever heard of a pre-existing condition?
Anyone else think Bronson Arroyo has lost his mind completely?
Those classy Cubs fans really showed their true colors lastnight. I sure hope that idiot gets what he deserves, and Victorino sues him. On that note, those Cubs just finished being swept by Cliff Lee and the Phils. Do you realize the Cubs haven't won a series against a winning team since May, that doesnt sound like a Curse-breaking team to me.
Tiger looked good today and finished in the lead with -5 opening round. Watch out, can you say hatrick?
Just finished watching Justin Verlander shut down the Red Sox. He just hit 100mph in the 8th inning. Wow, he might be the best pitcher in the American League with a chance for the playoffs, (sorry Halladay).
The IOC recommended golf and rugby for the 2016 Olympics, what??? Rugby but not Baseball, good call?
RIP Andy Kessler, your work to get skateparks in New York might have gotten the ball rolling to get us to where we are now with the X Games, Thank You and god bless.
Where will Smoltz end up? My guess, the Texas Rangers. They drop one bad pitcher in Padilla and pick up another in Hall of Fame bound Smoltz.

Baseball Picks for Friday August 14, 2009
I am in no way pushing my picks for the use as bets, in fact it would probably be pretty stupid to do so, I just like to make the picks and see how I do, enjoy!

Cubs over Pirates
Angels over Orioles
Tigers over Royals
Reds over Nationals
Giants over Mets
Marlins over Rockies
Braves over Phillies
Bluejays over Rays
Brewers over Astros
Red Sox over Rangers
Twins over Indians
Cardinals over Padres
D-Backs over Dodgers
A's over White Sox
Mariners over Yankees

No comments:

Post a Comment